Nestling on the east bank of the River Trent, Stapenhill is a small village with a long heritage and a growing community. The older part of the village is dominated by Stapenhill Gardens, where a large White Swan stands on what was once the tennis court of Stapenhill House.
The Parish Council has responsibility for :
- Ensuring that the village is maintained and improved.
- Developing forward plans for improvements in consultation with residents through surveys and parish action plans.
- Providing play areas for children and meeting/leisure facilities for village youth.
- Supporting local community groups.
- Working with the police and other bodies through the Community Safety Partnership to safeguard the village from crime and disorder.
- Providing parks and open spaces for recreational enjoyment.