The Ferry Bridge is now open again after a year-long closure for refurbishment. The repair work on the 127 year old bridge, which was originally opened on 3rd April 1889 by Lady and Lord Burton, has cost £1.3 million. During the restoration, campaigners helped raise £17,000 to create replicas of four of the original plaques, which have been reinstated on the bridge. The original plaques had previously been removed from the bridge in 1969.
Stapenhill village has its roots back in Roman times, and in Anglo-Saxon times was a large parish with a church. Today a church remains and the village has grown. At Stapenhill Parish Council we are committed to ensuring the well-being of the local community, making it a safe and enjoyable place to live in.
As a Parish Council we are actively involved in many areas of village life including:
- Improving the village in consultation with residents and the planning authority
- Providing play areas for children
- Supporting local community groups
- Partnering with the police to safeguard the village from crime